Students Encouraged to Apply for Citizen of the Year Award
High School seniors who reside in the City of Boynton Beach and are active in their community are eligible to apply for the “Bob Borovy Student Citizen of the Year” Award. This award was created to recognize a graduating high school senior who best epitomizes the spirit of volunteerism and giving to the community as exemplified by the late Bob Borovy, a United States Veteran and former Advisory Board on Children and Youth member who was an active citizen of the Boynton Beach community for many years. The recipient will receive $1,000 cash and have his/her name placed on the permanent plaque at City Hall.
- Graduating high school senior
- Resident of the City of Boynton Beach (in corporate limits)
- Nominated by three adults (not related to the nominee)
- Person of good moral character
- Performed significant volunteer work and made meaningful contributions to his/her school, church, social service organizations and/or community
- Submit a 100 - 300 word essay on what he/she has learned from performing volunteer service
- Complete the appropriate application form and submit supporting documentation
The application deadline is March 31, 2017. Click here for more information or to apply. You may also call 561-742-6224.