Hire A Licensed Contractor
The City of Boynton Beach Building Department examines and inspects construction projects on private property for compliance with State Building and local City Codes, such as the Zoning Code. Construction contractors are commonly hired to perform services related to renovations, remodels, and other building alterations. Homeowners hire their own contractors and it is our goal to provide you with the resources to help you make the best decision. Please refer to the following links to organizations you may find helpful in searching for and selecting a contractor for your next project.
- The United States Small Business Administration website offers tips on how to choose a contractor including specialized tips on Heating and Cooling, Energy Efficiency Projects, Home Improvement Contractors and more.
- The Better Business Bureau offers a list of Contractors and Home Builders.
- The State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations (DBPR) provides a searchable index where you can verify contractor’s licenses and see if a contractor has any outstanding issues. https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp
- The Palm Beach County Contractor’s Certification Division provides an online resource to determine if a contractor has a certification to perform construction specialties within Palm Beach County. https://www.pbcgov.org/ePZB.Admin.WebSPA/#/Container/Information_Status
- Florida Department of Financial Services provides an online resource to search for worker’s compensation coverage or exemption. https://secure.fldfs.com/wcapps/swo/SWOquery.asp