Major Development Applications are reviewed administratively and approved by the City Commission. In order to make a particular City Commission/Public Hearing date, a complete and acceptable submittal must be submitted by the submittal deadline. If, after the DART review is completed, the submittal is determined as not acceptable to be placed on the City Commission agenda, then the application will be placed on the next review schedule corresponding with the deadline the resubmittal is received.
A pre-application meeting is required prior to submittal and thus the desired submittal deadline. The meeting will address concerns regarding the type of submittal, deadlines, submittal procedures, fees, and required plans/documents. Requests for pre-application meetings can be made through SagesGov.
2024 Development Application Deadlines and Meeting Schedule
|Submittal/Resubmittal Deadline1||City Commission/Public Hearing||City Commission/Public Hearing - Second Reading (if applicable)2|
|October 4, 2023||December 5, 2023||December 19, 2023|
|November 1, 2023||January 2, 2024||January 16, 2024|
|December 6, 2023||February 6, 2024||February 20, 2024|
|January 3, 2024||March 5, 2024||March 19, 2024|
|February 7, 2024||April 2, 2024||April 16, 2024|
|March 6, 2024||May 7, 2024||May 21, 2024|
|April 3, 2024||June 4, 2024||June 18, 2024|
|May 1, 2024||July 2, 2024||July 16, 2024|
|June 5, 2024||August 6, 2024||August 20, 2024|
|July 3, 2024||September 3, 2024||September 17, 2024|
|August 7, 2024||October 1, 2024||October 15, 2024|
|September 4, 2024||November 5, 2024³||November 19, 2024³|
|October 2, 2024||December 3, 2024³||December 17, 2024³|
|November 6, 2024||January 7, 2025||January 21, 2025|
|December 4, 2024||February 4, 2025||February 18, 2025|
1 Comments will be returned to applicants approximately three weeks after submittal. Should comments require the plans to be further amended prior to City Commission hearing, the applicant will be subject to a later submittal deadline and associated City Commission hearing date(s).
2 Only required for Annexation, Future Land Use Map or Zoning Map Amendments, Vacation, or Abandonment
3 Schedule subject to change. Contact the Planning and Zoning Division to verify dates.
- All review responses from the appropriate outside agencies must be received by Planning & Zoning at time of application submittal.
- Applications which require submittal of a traffic impact analysis, pursuant to the municipal implementation of Palm Beach County traffic performance standards ordinance require additional review time. Note: The applicant shall provide a digitally signed and sealed copy of the traffic impact analysis with the initial development application submittal package to the City and also submit the original traffic impact analysis and associated review fee directly to the Palm Beach County Traffic Engineering Division.
- New telecommunications towers are first reviewed by the Tower Siting Review Team prior to submitting an application for conditional use/site plan approval.
- The final approval of a site plan application that corresponds with a rezoning application will be scheduled concurrent with the 2nd reading of the ordinance.
- Pursuant to Part III of the Land Development Regulations (LDR), Chapter 2, Article I, Section 4, certain uses which qualify under the economic development guidelines or which are designed in a sustainable manner may be eligible for expedited review under the Expedited Development Review Program.
- Only those proposed land use map amendments / rezonings that involve a planned development zoning district require review by the DART (Development Application Review Team).
- A Development Order related to a land use map amendment/rezoning cannot be granted until after the amendment is in effect, which occurs 31 days after adoption unless challenged.
Comprehensive Plan Future Land Use Map (FLUM) Amendments
(pursuant to F.S. Chapter 163.3184)
Comprehensive Plan FLUM amendments are subject to expedited state review unless they involve a use of 50 acres or fewer, in which case they qualify as “small-scale” amendments and are not state-reviewed for compliance prior to adoption.
For a non-“small-scale” Comprehensive Plan FLUM amendment, the first City Commission public hearing constitutes a transmittal hearing prior to its transmittal to the State Planning Agency (SPA) and reviewing agencies. A Comment Letter from SPA must be received by the City within 30 days of receipt of amendment. Thereafter, the adoption hearing will be scheduled. Contact the Planning and Zoning Division for further information regarding the timetable.
Site Plan will proceed to City Commission for approval concurrent with final reading of ordinances for Rezoning and Land Use amendments.