Energy Edge Rebate Program
The Energy Edge program provides rebates to residents and businesses that install eligible energy-efficiency improvements, solar energy, or electric vehicle supply equipment. Rebates are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis while funding lasts. Questions? Call 561-742-6067 or email Energy Edge.
To be eligible for the Energy Edge Rebate Program, participants must:
- Own a building within City limits that is at least 10 years old (10 years from date of building's original permit application); not required for solar PV and EVSE
- Reside in the building as your primary place of residence or have a business that is the principal occupant of the building
- Not offer the building for sale or lease within one year after completing the work
- Hire a licensed contractor to complete the work
Please complete the following three steps to claim your rebate:
- Verify that your property is within Boynton Beach City limits and print the property summary from Palm Beach County Property Appraiser's (PAPA) record indicating you are the owner and occupant of the home or business. Search for your property online and click on "Print Property Summary" at the top of the page.
- Identify your project from the list below and obtain estimates from licensed contractors (three estimates are recommended). Contractors must have a current license for the proposed work and be registered with the City. Solar PV projects must be completed by certified solar contractors. We encourage participants to select a local contractor and purchase supplies from local businesses whenever possible. For insulation and HVAC projects, use one of FPL's Participating Independent Contractors to be eligible for an added rebate. Your chosen contractor will obtain permits and inspections, and an insulation certificate if applicable.
- You must submit your Energy Edge Rebate Application along with Contract, Proof of Payment, documentation of eligible product (AHRI Certificate for AC, SHGC for Doors and Windows, Initial Solar Reflectance for roofs, Solar panel efficiency) permit or Insulation Certificate, and your PAPA record within 90 days after the final permit inspection. Approved applicants will receive a rebate check in the mail. Print a Paper Application (PDF) or Submit a Digital Application.
Funds are available on a first-come first-served basis until all the funds allocated for this program have been expended. Rebates are reserved, but not guaranteed, for applicants that have been approved to participate in the program. The City does not guarantee a reduction in energy usage or in utility bills from participation within this program, and reserves the right to modify this program at its discretion.
Applications can be mailed or emailed to the Development Department:
Attn: Energy Edge Rebate Program
City of Boynton Beach - Development
P.O. Box 310
Boynton Beach, FL 33425-0310
The Energy Edge Rebate Program allows a maximum rebate per property of $1,500 in a 10-year period.
Please note that every improvement listed, except insulation, requires a permit from the City.
The following items are eligible for rebates:
|Energy Saving Item||Eligibility Requirements||Rebate Amount||Other Potential Incentives|
|HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning)||ENERGY STAR central HVAC systems|
SEER 16 SEER
17 or higher
|FPL: Check with Participating Contractor|
ENERGY STAR; Upgrade to minimum R38; Contractor installed
|Up to $1,000||FPL Rebate if qualified|
|Doors and/or Windows|
ENERGY STAR or Impact doors/windows with less than or equal to 0.25 solar heat gain coefficient
|$100 for each window and each door up to $1,000||N/A|
ENERGY STAR product:
Cool-series or white shingle with initial solar reflectance greater than or equal to 0.25
Metal or tile roof with initial solar reflectance greater than or equal to 0.65
Flat, built-up, or modified bitumen roof with initial solar reflectance greater than or equal to 0.65
$100 per square for shingles
$150 per square for low slope, metal or tile
up to $1,500
ENERGY STAR heat pump or solar water heater
|Solar Photovoltaic (PV) System|
5 kilowatts or larger; greater than or equal to 17.5% efficiency; Completed by a certified solar contractor
Federal Renewable Energy Tax Credit; Expedited permitting
Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
Installation of a dedicated
110 to 120-Volt outlet for Level 1
220 to 240-Volt outlet for Level 2
Purchase and hardwire installation of ENERGY STAR Level 2 or Level 3
Federal Plug-in Electric Vehicle Credit (for EV)
- Learn more about FPL's incentives for residents and FPL's incentives for businesses.
- Insulation rebates are determined based on cost, square footage, and amount of installation installed.
- The City offers expedited permitting for solar PV.
- EVSE rebates apply to the cost of adding a dedicated 110- to 120-volt or 220- to 240-volt outlet or to the cost of a hardwired Level 2 or 3 charger, not to the purchase of a portable Level 1 or 2 charger cable.